The Damhert products are especially for the Flexitarian!
Do you eat no meat at least once a week? Then you too are a flexitarian!
A flexitarian is someone who does not eat meat one or more days a week. No less than 60% of Belgians are already flexitarian! Some people are flexitarian without realising it, but for more and more people it is a conscious choice.
There are many reasons to become a flexitarian. Choosing less meat and dairy is better for your health, animal welfare and the environment. Moreover, it contributes to a fair distribution of food in the world. And of course it is delicious and fun to vary your weekly menu.
The benefits of eating plant-based:
- More fruit and vegetables on your plate.
- Tasty and convenient. The ready-to-eat products are pre-cooked, which means that you can prepare a delicious meal in a very short time.
- Your total fat intake decreases and the quality of the fats improves. This offers protection against obesity and cardiovascular diseases.
- More fibre. Fibres play an important role in the health of the intestinal system. They remove harmful substances from the body more quickly. The higher fibre content also helps to lower cholesterol and oestrogen levels in the blood, protecting us from certain cancers and heart disease.
- More minerals. Most fruits and vegetables are rich in minerals, including potassium and magnesium, good for preventing osteoporosis, cardiovascular disease and type 2 diabetes.
- A healthy dose of protein. These are necessary to get through the day in a balanced way! Damhert gets the proteins from wheat, soya, peas and algae. These high-quality ingredients all have a very high nutritional value.
And we go even further: Vegan
Vegans make a conscious choice for the wellbeing of people, animals and the planet. To this end, they strive to completely renounce the use of animals and products of animal origin. A vegan therefore does not eat meat or fish, dairy products, eggs, honey and other products of animal origin or containing animal ingredients. Animal ingredients are also avoided in clothing, personal care products and other consumer goods. So no fur, leather, down, wool, suede or silk, but also no gelatine, beeswax or products that have been tested on animals.
15 facts that show how a vegan diet can save the planet:
Read them here!
Discover our VEGAN PRODUCTS here